We are already in a new technological era where every development is driven by innovation. Many school buildings are now made of new temporary materials or modular boards that are more sustainable.
In fact, the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the use of temporary school buildings across the world as schools try to maintain the social distance required by health authorities. Those who have already used these structures in their learning institutions know that they save time and money as well as facilitating learning conveniently.
But this is not the only reason why temporary school buildings have become very popular. So, this article will highlight some of the insights into why temporary structures for schools have become very popular and what they will be like in the future.
What Are Temporary School Buildings?
Temporary school buildings are structures made of less expensive and more flexible materials such as steel and iron frames and PVC or fabric covers. They are made using the latest building innovations to ensure that they meet structural safety standards and functionality and save money as well.
Many schools are turning to these structures because they can be hired when needed for short-term uses. But when they are needed for the long-term, it is best to buy them from a reliable seller who will assess your needs and customize temporary school buildings to meet these needs.
Uses of Temporary School Buildings
Schools have embraced the use of temporary school buildings. Almost every other school has one or more temporary structures in their compound. Luckily, there are a variety of solutions, especially when you work with experts in temporary buildings such as Smart-Space in the UK. Here are the most popular temporary school buildings to take advantage of.
- Temporary classrooms – The education sector around the world has embraced temporary structures to attain enough classrooms for learning, especially during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic. Temporary classrooms are made of a variety of materials such as shipping containers, modular boards, or steel frames and fabric covers.
- Temporary sports hall – Schools are commonly using these temporary school buildings because they offer shade for sports and other physical activities. They are typically large structures made of sturdy steel frames.
- Temporary storage facilities – For schools with a lot of materials that need storage, the use of temporary structures is very common. They use the same materials as temporary sports halls but are fully covered and partitioned to suit storage needs.
- Temporary offices – Schools are also using temporary school buildings as offices for teachers and other staff in the establishment. They are also made of sustainable temporary materials and come with a lot of benefits.
Benefits of Temporary School Buildings
Temporary school buildings come with a lot of benefits as compared to permanent structures. Schools have embraced these structures because of the following benefits:
- They are cost-effective – Studies show that the education sector saves a lot of money by using temporary school buildings as their preferred option. They could save up to 40% of the structural cost when they use a sustainable temporary structural solution.
- They save time – Whether you want to rent temporary school buildings or buy them, you will save a lot of money from the time they are ordered to the time they are erected on site.
- They are flexible and versatile – First, it is worth noting that temporary school buildings are relocatable because they are just parts that are screwed together. They are also easy to use in many ways. For example, temporary sports halls can be used as examination halls or libraries.
We are in the era of temporary school buildings that have helped to shape learning institutions into what they are today. If your school has not embraced this new innovation, it is time to do so. They are applicable in nursery and primary schools, high schools, colleges, universities, and training centers. Grab the opportunity right away.